Best Sunrise Wake Up Light Bulbs for the Bedroom
*Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, and at no additional cost, this site may earn a commission if you buy.
With home lighting automation developing and becoming more and more popular in the home today, there are many bulbs on the market and a few that are ideal for using as a sunrise light to wake up to in the morning.
Sunrise Light Bulbs
We have rounded up some good choices for bulbs that you can use as a sunrise light which all work with your phone.
Flux Bluetooth Smart LED Light Bulb
This bulbs has many functions, from changing color to music and adjusting to the color on your phone camera it also has sunrise and sunset functions. Using an app on your phone you can set the time for the light to come on, starting at off and setting how bright it comes on in percentage terms. This works just like a sunrise alarm clock without the sound, however combine this with the alarm on your phone and it works just the same. This bulb is 10 watts and at max brightness this bulbs is comparable to a 40W incandescent bulb.
This bluetooth bulbs is standalone and does not work with Amazon Alexa or Philips hue.
Flux Bluetooth Smart LED Light Bulb - Smartphone Controlled Dimmable Multicolored Color Changing Lights - Works with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android Phone and Tablet
- Set the right ambiance for any moment. Choose from over 16 million colors in the Flux Bluetooth app to match the light to your mood. Relive your favorite memories by setting the light to colors from your favorite photo. Save your favorite light settings and recall them whenever you want with the tap of a finger. Show pride for a sporting team, holiday etc. The possibilities are endless.
- With light schedules, Flux Bluetooth can make it seem like you're home when you are not. Set the lights to come on at a pre-set time so you can come home to a bright well lit home or wake up in the morning to your favorite colors. Let the lights turn off gradually at night, so you never have to worry whether you've left any lights on.
- Sync light to your favorite music and enjoy every beat to the fullest. Transform any room into a dance floor or create a relaxing and tranquil atmosphere. This is a great way to relax and unwind after a long day.
Philips Hue Lighting System
Philips are a popular choice for home lighting automation with their popular hue lighting system. The ability to control as many lights throughout the house as you wish from your phone and the different styles and environments you can create make it a great way to change your lighting.
Using the Philips Hue lighting system you can set it up to work as a sunrise and sunset light. Using the Philips Bulbs or the Bloom light as pictured below, you can set this to turn on and brighten at a set time as you would with your alarm. As this works with more than one bulb you can have your bedroom brighten up in the morning, your landing and bathroom lights on too all ready for your to get up. Find out more about using Philips Hue bulbs here.
The Philips Hue lighting systems requires the base unit which connects to your home internet network, once set up you can add bulbs to the set up around the home and control them through your phone, or Amazon Alexa which it is compatible with too. Read our article Philips Hue vs Philips Wake Up Light.
Philips Hue White and Color LED Smart Button Starter Kit, 3 A19 Smart Bulbs, 1 Smart Button & 1 Hue Hub (Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit & Google Assistant)
- Whats in the Box; Each kit contains 3 Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 60W LED Smart bulbs (able to fit most lamps, overhead lights, and 4-inch recessed cans ); Philips Hue hub that can reliably control up to 50 Hue lights without slowing your Wi-Fi; and one Smart Button with mounting plates.
- VOICE ACTIVATED: By using the Hue Hub, these Smart Bulbs connect to your favorite smart home devices like Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant for the ultimate smart home experience.
- EASY & VERSATILE: The Hue Smart button is easy to use and install. Equipped with magnets, tape, and a wall bracket, the button can be placed in multiple locations in multiple ways. No hard-wiring required. Control your lights without touching your smart phone.
Lombex Smart Led Light bulb
This smart bulb is another standalone bulb how it does work with Amazon Alexa. Using your phone you can set the bulb to come on in the morning and also dim down in the evening with the sunrise and sunset features. With a 20,000 hours lifetime and comparable to a 60W incandescent bulb this is a bright bulb that is ideal for use as a sunrise light bulb.
Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb
The Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb is the second most popular smart light bulb on amazon, with some very promising reviews. This specific bulb does not require a hub to operate, simply install the app on your smart phone whilst connected to your home WIFI network and pair with the bulb.
Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana all support this device, which is definitely a must.
Kasa Smart Light Bulb, LED Smart WiFi Alexa Bulbs works with Alexa and Google Home,A19 Dimmable,2.4Ghz,No Hub Required, 800LM Soft White(2700K), 10W(60W Equivalent)(KL110)
- Dimmable Kasa Smarts dimmable light bulb has a dimming range from 1 percent to 100 percent; Set the right brightness for any mood or activity; Turn your bulb to full brightness to get your Kids up in the morning or dim it enough for them to fall asleep at night
- No hub required: The Kasa smart Wi-Fi light bulb, dimmable connects to your homes secure Wi Fi network; No need for a hub or extra equipment; All you need is your smartphone, the Kasa Smart app and a Wi-Fi connection to start controlling your bulb from anywhere
- Control from anywhere: Control your smart light bulb from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa smart app (iOS, Android); Smoothly dim the brightness of your light bulb from anywhere with the app
Sengled Smart Light Bulb
This smart bulb does require a hub to be present to be able to control througout your home. However, support for 3rd part hubs such as SmartThings, Wink and also even Alexa devices that have built in hubs.
Routines and scenes can be set, t so creating that perfect home atmosphere, is no trouble at all.
If you decide to install the Sengled home app, then you can also monitor the electricity usage of this bulb, which is super handy for all you energy efficient buffs out there.
Sengled Smart Light Bulb, Smart Bulbs that work with Alexa, Google Home (Smart Hub Required), Smart Bulb A19 Alexa Light Bulbs, 800LM Soft White (2700K), A19 Dimmable, 9W (60W Equivalent), 1 Pack
- Flexible Set UpHub required. Easily pair Sengled smart light bulb directly to a compatible smart hub, like Sengled Smart Hub, SmartThings Hub, Wink Hub and Habitat Hub. They are a19 Alexa light bulbs, no separate smart hub required when connected to Amazon Echo Plus or Echo Show (2nd Gen). Additional hub required when connect smart bulbs to Echo, Echo dot or Google Assistant devices. Sengled Smart Hub sold separately (B07HKSTLB5), which is also available in Starter Kits.
- Voice ControlSmart light bulbs that work with Alexa and Google Home. Control your smart light bulb via voice commands to turn your smart bulbs on/off, adjust brightness and more, e.g. switch on the a19 Alexa light bulbs before getting out of bed, dim the smart lights from the couch to watch a movie. (smart hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately).
- Wake Up & Sleep ModeEasily setup via using Sengled Home App (iOS and Android). Schedule your smart lights to slowly light up. Starting at the set time, the smart bulbs will slowly brighten throughout the timespan you set. Your lights will slowly get brighter in the morning. And you can also schedule your lights to simulate a sunset so that you can fall asleep more naturally every evening. Your bulbs will slowly dim over the timespan you set.
If you have a bedside lamp or just don’t want a sunrise alarm clock on your bedside table, then these light bulbs are a great way to create your own sunrise light using your phone as the alarm, and these smart bulbs and systems to fade and dim to create the sunrise and sunset features you get with a sunrise alarm clock.
If you are a fan of smart technology and how it helps you wake up in the morning, then perhaps you will be interested in taking a look at what’s the best sunrise alarm clock app.
Last update on 2020-07-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API